BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ultimate Workout Log



Looking to AMP UP your fitness level and overall health???

STEP 1: Set A Goal!

What is it that you want to accomplish? Make it specific.

Examples:
  • I want to finish a sprint Women's Triathlon in 7/11.
  • I want to lose 10 lbs by 6/11.
  • I want to bike 60 miles/week for the next 12 weeks.
  • I want to bench-press 225 lbs by 2/11
  • I want to fit into the jeans I wore before I had my kids by 4/11
STEP 2: Start a Log!

A log will help you to stay on track, to stay motivated, and to make daily steps toward achieving your ultimate goal. A log will also help you to get in better touch with your body learning how to find the right balance of exercise, nutrition, hydration, and rest.

Here is an excerpt from the introduction of my FAVORITE fitness log: The Ultimate Workout Log by Suzanne Schlosberg.

***How can a bunch of blank pages do all that? "The mere fact of writing something down makes you more committed to it," says sports psychologist Robert Weinberg, PhD, a professor at Miami University in Ohio, who has done extensive research on goal setting and athletic performance. When it comes to goal setting, Weinberg's motto is: "Ink it, don't think it!"

Many of the world's best athletes are die hard believers in recording their goals and tracking their workouts. "Keeping a training log is invaluable," says 2004 Olympic marathoner Alan Culpepper. "It is the best way to truly dissect and reflect on those things that worked well and those that did not. It also keeps you honest. You have to have some way to monitor your training to make sure you're not neglecting or over emphasizing one area." As Culpepper points out, it's so easy to forget what you did two weeks ago or even two days ago.

Champion wheelchair racer Jean Driscoll considers her training journals to be nothing less than personal treasures. "They are a record of what I've done, where I've been, who I am, and where I can go," says Driscoll, a two-time Olympic silver medalist and eight-time Boston marathon winner. "They are as much a training partner to me as my teammates are." ***

STEP 3: Get Started!!! No more excuses...

0 comments: